Monday, August 2, 2010

Fourth of July -- A Month Late :)

We went to the fireworks show in Versailles, KY this year for their 4th of July festivites. It was as close to old-fashioned as I figure you can get these days.  The Lexington Philharmonic Orchestra was there, and they were excellent.  We were so far away, I couldn't get a good picture, but they truly were wonderful!

Here, Caroline is watching three sky-divers jump out of a plane.  They were called the "Freedom Flyers" and landed right by the orchestra tent.

It was pretty moving to see the flag being flown like this. 





It was hot around the Kettle Corn stand, but it was worth the wait.  Caroline and I just loved it!


I don't remember why she was jumping.  I'm pretty much assuming it was because of the music, since my children love to dance!


Caroline is watching the orchestra (white tent at the top center of the picture).  She really loved all of the festivities.  I really enjoy that she's at a stage to love these kinds of things!


It was so hot.  We all drank a lot of water.


Emily loved this trip, too!







And, of course, the point of the event was to see FIREWORKS (accompanied by the orchestra!)!!!  James loved them.  He was so tired, but he didn't want to quit watching the fireworks!




They did a really great job with the show, and we hope that the city will do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment