Monday, January 23, 2012

I Seriously Cringed . . .

When I pushed the "New Post" button. Say what? It's been over a year since I've posted? How could this have happened?!?!? Life goes by quickly enough, and I really want to document the growth of my children and small victories in my life! So, so crazy!

Anyhow, this post may be a little bit incongruous, but I'm going to name a few highlights of the past year, the kids' personalities as they stand currently, and a few funny Emi-isms, because she is so dang hilarious!

Emi-isms:


  • I believe my kids confuse the following words because of the area and accent of the country we live in (currently KY): Hell & jail. They often confuse them, and are, quite frankly, convinced they are the same place. Which is good, but soooo bad!  Hell around here is most often pronounced "hail". Ha!
  • After talking to them about the next steps after you finish school (being college), the kids think it's a great place to go. However, they also know that Heaven is where we want to end up, and that we can if we believe that we are sinners and that Jesus Christ died for our sins. However, on many more than one occasion, Emi has said, "We don't want to go to Hell (hail!), Mom; we want to go to college, right?" Well, yes. But no. So theologically incorrect! But the mistake is so precious!
  • Adam's grandfather recently went home to be with the Lord, and we had a McClung family gathering at his Uncle Mike's house. She went up to one of the oldest members of the family, Doris (who has white hair), and asked her, "Are you old?" To which Doris promptly and graciously replied, "Are you young?
  • Emily is constantly asking my aunt, whose leg was amputated last year, "So when's your leg gonna grow back?"  To which Aunt Wendy usually replies, "When I get to Heaven," or, "I don't think it's going to." 
  • She also went up to one of Adam's cousins at a family gathering, who is male and also happens to have  long hair, "Why do you have girl hair????" Bahaha! I am constantly telling her that some guys like their hair long, so that's why they have long hair. But she thinks it is just not cool!
  • I will continue to add to this list. She has the best questions!
Personality Stand-Outs:
(Christmas 2011)
Caroline:
  • Caroline is a sweet, tender-hearted girl.
  • She loves to help me, especially with laundry-folding and vacuuming.
  • She has an excellent vocabulary, and uses crazy-big words for her age.
  • She started pre-school this week, and the few days that she's had to miss have been traumatic for her because she loves it that much!
  • She can write so much, and when I get time to teach her, I just know she'll pick right up with reading!
  • She loves accessories, and anything I make for her! She is a girly-girl, to the hilt!
  • She's exceptionally good with kids.
  • She often sits with us in church, and does a great job! 
  • I could go on and on about her. She really is pretty awesome. However, this is it for now. She is one loving and loved little girl, and we are ever grateful for her!
(Christmas 2011)
Emily:

  • Well, as I've already mentioned, her bold spirit is so fun to have in our family. She adds buckets of laughter.
  • She is very artistic, and is very advanced for her age. 
  • She says things in the best ways. She "wikes fings" (likes things) and can't wait to "gwow" up (grow)! I love these little mispronunciations, and know that all too soon these moments will be gone, and she'll be speaking perfectly, in college, and planning a wedding!
  • She really is quite a klutz, bless her heart, and can trip on air. This leads us to joke about how, if we can just keep her alive long enough to turn 25, she'll change the world.
  • She's a future world-changer. No really. She has the most amazing tenacity for life. Anything she wants to do, she will accomplish. At her young age, this is most often very frustrating to us as we are trying to train her in doing right and honoring God. But, we know that if we can just reign in and then focus her bull-headedness, she will do great things. Seriously great!
  • She loves to wear hair-pieces, and wears them like a hippy. Which she really kind of is. Ha! I love to dress her in this very bohemian-style dress that I make, because it suits this huge part of her personality so well! 
  • She is this precious gift. So different from me. She is so unique and wonderful. I am blessed to be her mommy!

James:
  • Where to start with this kid. He is a joy to raise! Plain and simple.
  • He loves Lightning McQueen. That's what he wants on his birthday cake. That's who he wants to be when he grows up. And his new favorite color is red! Ha! All boy, this one!
  • He has an amazing vocabulary for a kid who is only 2.5 years old! He started gaining in vocabulary in big ways when he turned 2, but after he started day care and developed friendships, it took off exponentially! 
  • Everybody loves this kid, and wants to adopt him! No, really!
  • He loves all things cars, airplanes, and trains! He simply must sleep with one of them!
  • He makes up words and uses them interchangeably as though they are cuss-words or as though they are terms of endearment. His mean word, never used affectionately is "bagger." Huh? Weird, I know. I think maybe it came from when I would call him a goober (affectionately!). The other word is "coconut." He never says it without a smile, although sometimes he means it hatefully. It's as though the name itself helps him make light of it, when he wants to use it hatefully. It really just cracks him up. But mostly, he just uses it affectionately. "You little coconut, hee-hee-hee!). Too cute.
  • He has always been the easiest baby/toddler! He brings joy to all. He is a blessings and joy to parent!
I'll catch up on more another time, but now I've gotten a lot out about where they are now.  Can't wait to come back to this in 10 years, 20 years, etc.!

No comments:

Post a Comment