Here's a recent pic (taken today, actually!) of Caroline that my mother-in-law took. I just can't believe how big she is! As rough as our days can go with this stage in her life, she is such a doll.
She is by nature a nurturer. She cannot stand when James cries, and will imitate me when he does, saying, "What's da pwoblem yittle guy?" She loves to dress her bears (her bears come complete with diapers, too!). She is quite the little mommy. So sweet!
She is super-smart, and is learning at a very speedy rate, especially considering she's an oldest child. I say this because it seems to me that younger children pick up speech, concepts, and skills slightly faster because they have an older sibling to look up to.
The latest concepts she's mastered are the terms "because" and "already." For example, she might say something like this: "I don't want to do this because I already did it." I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm pretty amazed. They aren't just simple little concepts. I never knew how much I'd love watching her learn and pick up on things.
I could write on and on about her (she is quite the lively little thing), but I will stop for now.
On another note, we arrived in WV yesterday afternoon, so Adam could clean and finish packing up our Lynchburg house. His father and uncle are there now, and will help to pack up the moving truck and get everything up here and then over to Kentucky, where we'll close on Friday morning!
I can't even believe that we will have our own home! Four and a half years of townhome living were more than adequate. We're thankful for the provision of those townhomes, but we are so ready to have a place of our own with a YARD for the kids to play in! So exciting!'
Anyhow, I hope you all are having a blessed week!
No comments:
Post a Comment