Yesterday was quite the day! To say the least, that is. It started out quite normally. I've been having very stressful times the last few weeks in the discipline-realm of things with Caroline. So, just a couple of hours into the day, I was already tired out, and ready for the day to be over. However, then came NAP TIME!!! :) I think it's God's grace that makes toddlers have to take naps, because it gives us mothers (and fathers) the times to calibrate for the next round of parenting, which isn't always easy (no matter what you've been told, lol!).
So, during nap time, I sat on the couch working on completing everything that still needed to be done for this weekends consignment sale. Very soon, I started having contractions. They immediately fell into a pattern of every three minutes. I felt very concerned, and called the doctor, who told me to go ahead and check-in at the labor and delivery section of one of our hospitals.
My wonderful friend, Theresa, took the girls while Adam and I went on to the hospital.
Long story short, they discovered I was not progressing in any way, and I also tested negative on a test that is an indicator of possible labor and delivery. So this was all good news. It took awhile for the contractions to stop (10 hours, from start to finish), and three shots of some kind of contraction relaxer (sorry for my lack of medical terminology, Rachel, lol), and I was finally released. It was pretty crazy though, because the contractions were as close as 2 minutes apart for part of time.
Hopefully, this will be an isolated event. I'm praying that I don't have to see the inside of the labor & delivery unit until my baby is due. We shall see. I just thought I'd share this rather nerve-wracking and newsy event. Thanks to all of you who knew and were praying. I really appreciate the prayers. Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you and baby are ok!
ReplyDelete