Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Some Recipe Faves

I must first say that most of my current favorites come from the same person, but she cooks the way I like to cook.  Simple ingredients, but incredibly delicious food! So, check these out:

I love to cook roast in a crockpot with salt, pepper, and beef broth/stock all night until dinner the next day.  That's probably my favorite way to have it.  So tender, so tasty, so rich! However, this recipe for a chuck roast is simply divine!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/02/drip-beef-two-ways/


Next up, an unbattered, unfried version of jalapeno poppers.  But only, they're waaaaaaay better!  And wrapped in bacon.  As Ree says, you simply should not make these.  And if you disobey and do make them, than you can only make one or two, because if you use up all of your ingredients and make them all, you'll eat them all.  And that would be bad.  But I don't know from personal experience or anything.

No, not me.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/bacon-wrapped_j/


Last Pioneer Woman favorite for now.  These cinnamon rolls will change your life.  Seriously.  Try them, and then live long and prosper. 

Or have a heart attack from all of the butter . . . 

How's your cholesterol?

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/


My last favorite for the night is a recipe I found on http://www.allrecipes.com/.  It's a roasted chicken recipe.  It tastes so very good, and is unbelievably easy to make. It doesn't hurt that it looks beautiful after baking, making you look like a master chef.  Not even a little bit . . .

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Juicy-Roasted-Chicken/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment