Well, I had a follow-up/normal OB appointment today, and came out feeling like I was walking in the clouds! That's right!
I found out that I, indeed, DO NOT have gestational diabetes, and will likely not have to be induced or do any of the painstaking things that are required with GD. I can't even believe it. It is such a TOTAL God-thing. He is so gracious to let me be free of this in my third pregnancy! I'll probably check to make sure my sugar is maintaining it's current good numbers for the rest of my pregnancy, just in case, but now I won't have to go in for 3 dr. visits a week, while trying to coordinate babysitters for my two girls!! What a total blessing. Sorry to gush; I just can't get over it!!!
I have also been planning a trip to FL to see my parents for over a month now, but after last Wednesday's contractions, I was afraid Dr. Baker would nix those plans. However, he didn't even bat an eyelash when I told him I was going and asked what he thought. He just had my records copied, just in case, and prescribed me some contraction-stopping medication, and sent me on my way! This was the biggest lift to my spirits, because I really feel that I need some semblance of a vacation before I have the baby. I've had a partiuclarly rough time parenting Caroline lately, and looking forward to FL (and up to God, too, of course) was helping me to keep going. Praise the Lord for his goodness! Even in the minute details of our lives. What a Creator!
Well, I hope to update this post with a couple new pregnancy shots, but we'll see how that goes! I'll see if I can get my video camera to take a good enough shot. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until Adam gets home with his digital and take one then, if I remember!
Much love to you all, and thank you to those who, for some reason, so fervently pray for me in the big and little things. You are such a blessing in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was praying, and I am seriously very very happy about this news. God is so good!
ReplyDelete