Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Ordered a New Sling, Woo-hoo!


I've been checking out the slings on this lady's site for about a month or two, and lusting after the beautiful prints and handiwork of her baby slings, which are very reasonably priced. Well, I finally broke down and ordered one, although I bought in a more subdued green, so it wouldn't be so busy and clash with what I might be wearing when I wear it.


I had a Hotslings sling, but it was never very comfortable to me. SO, I decided to invest in a ring sling, and try that one out with the new baby. I've seen so many people with them, and they look so very comfy! Have any of you had any try/fail experience with slings? If so, what are your thoughts on what works? I really like the close security that a sling in this style provides, as opposed to a front pack (Baby Bjorn-esque) carrier provides (although I plan on utilizing that one as well). What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I am happy about you getting a cute, fashionable, comfy sling, however where is favorite Friday?! I love those posts! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love slings! Now you got me wanting one all over again!! I had one with Calvin and thought it was fabulous. My favorite is a wrap though (bought off of Etsy, of course!). I find it really snug and can use it in tons of positions. Emilia prefers it too - she's one of those snuggly types :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, meg! That's so funny! I can't wait to get mine. I saw Theresa at a restaurant tonight, and she had one on with Karli, much like this one, and it just looked so snug and perfect! I wish I had had one with Caroline, b/c she was my snuggler as a baby (although she isn't now!). I'll have to look at those wraps. They seem to be becoming more popular!

    ReplyDelete