Friday, May 1, 2009

It's a Milestone Day in Quite a Few Ways!

It's hard to believe that Emily was born exactly 15 mos. ago today, or that Caroline was Emily's age, now, when Emily was born. Did you follow that? :) AND, according to my pregnancy countdown thing, over to the right, I'm 50 days from my due date!!!




Caroline at 2.5 years old:

  • Talks all of the time
  • Is becoming proficient at buttoning and unbuttoning clothing, pretty good dexterity if you ask me!
  • Knows her colors pretty well
  • Remembers all of her extended family (both mine and Adam's immediate families)
  • Is a very observant learner. Unfortunately for her parents (!), she can see something done a couple of times (i.e. cabinet locks, among other things), and then proceeds to do it herself.
  • Has a heart to serve, when all is well :)



Emily at 15 mos. old:

  • Is adding to her vocabulary daily
  • Walks/runs pretty well now
  • Does everything at full-speed, 100% invested (i.e. walking/running, falling, smiling, etc.)
  • Is as sweet and affectionate as can be--always giving us hugs, and she's just starting to kiss us, too!
  • Smiles so brightly that any dark corner of your heart is instantly illuminated!

The new baby at 50 days left (basically 7 weeks to go):

  • Gratefully does not get the hiccups too often like his/her predecessors
  • Moves an unbelievable amount! Even when I'm walking, this kid is moving my entire stomach all over the place! I love it though!
  • According to Baby Center, is supposed to be about 17 inches long, and weigh about 4 lbs.
  • Is still, in the midst of pregnancy exhaustion, pain, and contractions, being joyfully anticipated!

2 comments:

  1. They are growing so fast. I hope you have a comfortable and speedy last trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to kiss both of the girls pictures!!!!I miss them so much & hope we can come and visit soon!! Caroline's chin looks so much better and I can't believe how much Emi's hair has grown.

    ReplyDelete