Sunday, March 21, 2010

Airplanes



Let it be known that I married into a family that loves planes.  My father-in-law has owned a couple, and it seems that his sons (at least Adam is!) have acquired that interest. 

As for me? Not so much.  It takes every ounce of control to recgonize that God knows the number of my days and is in control enough for me to get on an airplane in the first place! Granted, I've had some scary experiences. And, my family has flown many times; however, the interest with planes lands more on finding a good deal for commercial airline tickets than it does owning and/or flying a private plane. :)

But given the fact that my husband has the HUGE interest, the girls have acquired this! When we lived in Lynchburg, there was a great spot that we could park and get out on, that overlooked the runways, thus resulting in hours of fun watching planes take-off and land!

So, since the kids hadn't been out of the house to do anything fun in awhile (due to sickness), we went up Lexington on Friday night to let the girls see some flying action! It really was so much fun!

I don't have too many pictures because we never did find a good place to pull over and get out, but I got a few of some planes, the beautiful sunset, and my silly kids! Here ya go!

First airplane spotted, and not even at the airport.


A fun barn on the trip up.

I have mentioned that Emily is a first-class ham, right?


Caroline is always the follower when it comes to hammage!


Only picture I got of James on the trip. Sorry little buddy! Isn't it sweet though?!?


Separate runways, but doesn't it look scary?!?


This was our last take-off of the night, as you can probably tell from the lack of sunlight!


A gorgeous sunset to light the way home (after a supper that pleased everyone, including some Qdoba for mama!)

No comments:

Post a Comment