Last Saturday afternoon, after my date with Emi, I took Caroline out to take some pictures and to just hang out. I truly had a blast! Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with the whole picture (3 kids 3 and under), that I forget to seek to enjoy each detail in the picture (specifically each individual child). How grateful I am for these times alone with my sweeties!
I was shooting some pictures of Caroline by an old train, and she spotted this nearby playground, and asked to play there. She was super-excited!
While she's running, have I mentioned on here about how when we're sitting at a traffic light, she'll often exclaim, "This woad is weedicowus!" Translation: This road is ridiculous! She makes me laugh!
She also loves sunglasses. It is such a sweet thing to see her emulate her daddy and me in the way she wears them, too. Like me, she rests them on her head when she doesn't want them over her eyes. Like Adam, she tucks half of the glasses (well, really just one of the ear pieces) in her shirt when they won't stay balanced on her head. So precious!
She is slightly hesitant about things that involve speed or height, and gets as much joy out of watching Emily be thrown into the air or sled down a hill, as Emily does in actually doing the activity!
She really is a Daddy's Girl!
It's a good thing I've learned how to get diapers inexpensively because this child is constantly sneaking diapers, with which she diapers her frog! Yikes! It's hard to get on to her for it because she's really just emulating me. It's amazing how innate motherhood is in even a 3 year old girl! God is amazing!
She's smart. Too smart. She can dismantle any child safety lock, remembers any restaurant name, even if she's never been there, remembers any process that she's watched you do, etc. It's crazy.
Thankfully, I believe she's almost 100% better from sickness, occasional cough aside. Thank you, Lord!
Most of all, I love her. I really do. And I enjoy her. I am so grateful to be her mother, and am constantly praying that I will be an effective parent, and always point her to Christ. Great is HIS faithfulness!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
awwww great post amazing and adorable.
ReplyDeleteHey Julie! Just stopping by to say hello!
ReplyDeletefelisha
felisha!!!! We simply must catch up! I miss our friendship! Love you girl!
ReplyDeletegood pictures...sweet post!
ReplyDelete