Friday, March 26, 2010

James and The Giant Peach, Er, Avocado

James and The Giant Peach Avocado

Okay, so it wasn't really even a giant avocado, but the corny part of me wanted to use the title. :)

One of my favorite fruits (although in my mind it's really a veggie) is the avocado.  I love them on burgers.  I love them in guacamole.  I love them in salads.  I love them anyway you'll give them to me.  In fact, when I was pregnant with Emi, I had to muster all of the self-control I had to not eat an entire $4 bag of 5  when I'd bring them home from Sam's.  Plain.  Yep.  I love them!!! 

So, now, does Adam.  I scored some a week ago for $.25/piece, which I've never in my life seen, and picked several up.  Adam, in turn, ate them for breakfast.  On Sunday morning, he shared some with James, and he loved them!!!

Here are a few pictures of the process.  If you want a healthy and easy food to feed a little person like James, avocado is a great place to start!


First taste . . . Thinking about it!

I think you have your answer . . . He couldn't keep his eyes off of the stuff!

Bite #2


Moving in for the kill!

:)

Yep, I think it was a hit . . . Must be genetics! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment