Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Few Pictures and an Update



Caroline-- She is learning at an unbelievably rapid rate. She can see us do something one time, and then she can repeat it the next day. She is a process-girl. She loves to accomplish things, and she never forgets anything you tell her. Well, unless she doesn't want to do what you told her to do, and then she "forgets." She can tell you who got her which toy or article of clothing, and is almost never wrong. Insane!


Daily I'm amazed by her. I'm trying to become more proactive and consistent about teaching her Scripture. My friends from Lynchburg, Theresa and Lynn, both stressed so many times the importance of teaching little ones Scripture. Then, at church one night, I heard a man share his testimony about how he, at 80+ years of age, was trying to do Scripture memorization and really struggling to remember (because of his age) what he was working on. Anyhow, he remarked on how he could still remember the Scripture passages that his mother taught him when he was a little boy, and he went on to challenge us to teach our children (and ourselves) Scripture while they are still young. Then, realizing how easily Caroline remembers entire sections of her movies, I was challenged to start teaching her entire chapters of Scripture. She's mastered Psalm 23. Do any of you by any chance have any ideas for where to go next? I was thinking maybe Psalm 19, but I'm not sure. Suggestions would be much appreciated!


Caroline had just started to push Emi in the stroller, resulting in this expression!

Emily--She continues to speak more and more (clearly) each day. It is amazing how well she is speaking, compared to when we moved here 3.5 months ago (can you believe it's been that long?). Here latest things that she is saying: "I not happy." "Not nice." "Thank you." "Are you okay?" I love it! She loves to sing--probably even more than Caroline, and she picks up on it anytime a song contains the word "holy."


I love how he looks like he's ticked about the girly blocks!

James--My boy! How clearly I am already beginning to see the innate differences in boys and girls! He loves to bang things, anything to make noise! He is also conquering the world of mobility very quickly. He started crawling a little over a week ago. It's so cute. He crawls over one arm, and kind of veers off course because of it. There's nothing more precious than when you come into a room, he sees you, and then proceeds to crawl as quickly as he possibly can over that one arm! Ha. Precious!!!

Not only can he crawl, but he can pull himself up to standing. He doesn't do it all of the time, but he does it a lot for a kid that just learned! He still has a laid back personality, and is definitely Mommy's guy (although he clearly ADORES Adam!). Oh, and he also is getting his second tooth in!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Julie!!! What a precious family you guys have. Love you guys so much!

    Also, Psalm 100 is a good one, as well as the scripture in Colossians 3 about loving each other (can't remember the exact verses right now).

    I really want to do better about teaching/having them memorize Scripture. Thanks for you encouragement!!!

    Hope to see you soon,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete