Friday, January 22, 2010

My Favorite Things Friday--Drink Edition


One of these days, I'm going to update my header with some pictures. Mercy! I'm a great starter and a POOR finisher.


Moving on! I wrote a post a few months ago on my addiction to coffee. Seriously, I almost get depressed when I can't have a cup.


However, I have had almost as long a love affair with my favorite soft drink: Dr. Pepper!!!!!!!!!


Let me tell you; I cannot get enough of this drink. I used to play basketball and volleyball in high school, and when smart/wise people were drinking water all day and during practices/games, I always drank Dr. Pepper. Terrible, I know! But, I loved it that much!


I must say though that my senior year, I got smarter, and drank more water!


Many things I do are tied to feelings of nostalgia, and I think Dr. Pepper brings back wonderful memories, so much so, that it's cathartic to drink it. Sad, I realize! My first memories of it were the times I would help Aunt Wendy at school (she was a teacher) during the summers growing up. At the end of the day, when we were done working in her classroom, she would take us (my cousins and me) into the teachers' lounge, and let us buy one soft drink and one snack. I always got Dr. Pepper and salt & vinegar chips. SO much fun! That memory, and the fact that my favorite teacher in this whole world, Mrs. Boyer, absolutely loved Dr. Pepper, and drank it all day in class, probably are my greatest memories! So, does that make her a good influence or a bad influence? :)


Anyhow, I have written entirely way too much on a soft drink! It's a silly post, I know, but it is another one of my favorite things. :)
So, what do you like, soft drink-wise? Is it Coca Cola classic? Pepsi? Sprite?

1 comment:

  1. 1 dr. pepper a day is my guilty pleasure....of which i feel absolutely no guilt about:)

    ReplyDelete